By: Cheryl Cliffe
SARCDA Christmas 2019 - the biggest trade only gift, toy, décor and design exhibition on the African continent – is only 8 days away.
By now, your stand design should be finalised, your products should be ready and your staff should be briefed and raring to go. But...there is still one more thing you need to do:
Tell your market about your participation
It’s been proven, again and again, that those exhibitors who actively recruit buyers to visit their stand get the biggest return from their exhibition spend.
By now, every email going out of your company should carry the predesigned SARCDA email signature, which can be downloaded from our website at www.sarcda.co.za/exhibitor-login.aspIn this exhibitor section of the website you will also find invitations & predesigned social media post that you can send to your database to let them know that you will be at the exhibition and where to find you.
Social media is another valuable resource when it comes to communicating with your market – it’s quick, easy and free. Here are some ideas for using social media to tell your buyers that you are going to be at SARCDA and, most importantly, ensuring that they visit your stand.
Use the pre-designed social media post on our website (in the exhibitor section) to remind buyers that you will be at the exhibition.
- Create an exhibition hashtag (eg. #seemeAtSarcda2019) and use it to flag all your exhibition related posts. Don‘t use the @ sign in a hashtag - its insertion automatically ends the hashtag. Rather use the word 'at'.
- Announce competitions and specials on your social media platforms.
- Create a blog (either on a blogging site or by adding a blog page to your website) to tell buyers about the products you are going to exhibit. A blog post should be written in an informal or conversational style, providing useful and interesting information rather than just listing products.
- Create a banner on your website telling visitors that you will be at SARCDA Christmas (and don't forget to add the exhibition dates and venue).
- Create an 'event' on FB for your SARCDA stand and invite your followers - but please be sure to advise them that it is a trade only show and that buyers should register by visiting https://www.sarcda.co.za/christmas-2019-buyers.html
The SARCDA team looks forward to seeing you at SARCDA Christmas 2019 which takes place from 22-25 August 2019 at the Gallagher Convention Centre in Midrand. Exhibitor hours are 09:00 – 18:00 on Thursday and Friday; and 09:00-16:00 on Saturday and Sunday.